Charitable giving is an important and rewarding means by which you can express your values by supporting causes and communities that are important to you. Charitable giving also can be financially advantageous.
Cochran Allan is uniquely poised to help clients design and implement their philanthropic legacies. In particular, Natanya Allan and Aen Webster have extensive experience working with donors and various types of charitable organizations, from family foundations to large national public charities. They both enjoy sharing their philanthropic knowledge with clients.
Our charitable work for donors includes:
- General planning, including the identification of optimal assets and timing for gifts from a tax perspective
- Sophisticated tax-wise giving structures, such as charitable lead and remainder trusts
- Formation of private family foundations and supporting organizations
- Advice regarding donor advised funds
- Governance, compliance and succession planning for family foundations
- Development of mission statements and stewardship plans
- Preparation of gift or grant agreements to ensure longterm adherence to donor restrictions and accountability by charitable recipients
Simply stated, we help donors give in a way that protects their philanthropic goals and donor intent while maximizing tax benefits.